Go big or go to bed.

"our journey is not what but who we are..."

Friday, June 30, 2006

smiles. all smiles.

The title should pretty much sum it up. I was on the slopes from 8am until 330 pm. They opened up the "upper valley..." at about 9. For those of you who are Alp'y riders, this would be comparable to chair 2. However, it is not a chair but rather a t-bar. And I'm sorry to say, I do NOT miss riding tbars. Riding a chair with strangers is fun. Riding a t-bar with strangers - a little close even for my comfort. Oh well. If people would learn etiquitee for tbars we'd be in better shap (like GET OFF THE TRACK when you fall of. and NEVEr ski back down the track...) Anyways.. couple other notes from today. The joys of an mp3 player. IT used to be that if you were alone people might feel bad for you. However, if you have the ear phones in, its almost like now you are "aloof" and just to cool. Ah well, it was just amusing to see how many people were riding with them (myself includeed).

And another joyous moment. I am a powder girl. I love powder. We all know this. Nothing new, its how I got my PB nickname. But this morning I was brought back to my roots (east coast skiing) when first tracks was a glorious run down smooth crisp chorduroy... Cruising along on that stuff is always a good time. :-),.

Another funny moment. There was this little girl, who was on the side of the tbar. Her mum was tending to her older sister and the little o ne was just sitting there chucking snow/ice chunks at her siste.r Reminded me, of well me! Good times.

Anywho, I am utterly exhausted and need a shower. Good thing I can wash some of my clothes tomorrow. They are no longer so fresh and so clean ;-)

lilwaldo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home