Go big or go to bed.

"our journey is not what but who we are..."

Friday, June 16, 2006

Song of the day....

Today's song of the day is "Taking the long way around" by the Dixie Chicks. I was very much raised on the belief that if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything (cliche I know) and well 2 years ago these women took a stand on something they believe in. And that just raised them up in my book...

Lyric samplin'

"Well, I fought with a stranger and I met myself
I opened my mouth and I heard myself
It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself
Guess I could have made it easier on myself

But I, I could never follow
No I, I could never follow

Well, I never seem to do it like anybody else
Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down
If you ever want to find me I can still be found

Taking the long way
Taking the long way around"

Truth be told many of can probably relate to her. Lord knows I can. The path of least resistance has never been my preferred method of traveling. But once again, the hardest struggles and the biggest risks, end up with the most amazing rewards.

lilwaldo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home