Go big or go to bed.

"our journey is not what but who we are..."

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Song of the day....

Today's song of the day is wings for marie (part 1) and 10,000 days by Tool... These two songs really shouldn't be listened to seperately so both receive today's honor. As always, if you don't have it, let me know.

Lyrics:
Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence
Difficult to see you in this light
Please forgive this selfish question, but
What am I to say to all these ghouls tonight
She never told a lie,
... well might have told a lie,
But never lived one.
..................................
Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence.
Difficult to see you in this light.
Please forgive this bold suggestion:
Should you see your Maker's face tonight,
Look Him in the eye, look Him in the eye, and tell Him:
I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one.
Hallelujah, it's time for you to bring me home."

While I'm not a practicing person of any religion, as a friend of mine said recently, Tool is the thinking man's white Zombie... and I very much agree. His lyrics are as full of emotion as his songs. And I am always impressed by those musicians who push their personal limits. Rather than always being "heavy rock," Tool continues to incorporate sounds from a multitude of sources. Making Tool a-ok in my book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home